Assistant Professor and Postdoctoral Research Assistant - Ghent University - Faculty of Engineering and Architecture
Work Leader - Royal Institute for Cultural Heritage (KIK-IRPA)
The faculty of Engineering and Architecture of Ghent University and the Royal Institute for Cultural Heritage (KIK-IRPA) have a joint vacancy for a professor-postdoc research assistant and workleader, starting from February 1, 2024 (with application deadline on September 30, 2023).
It concerns the following position: (Req ID 26223) full-time Assistant Professor - Postdoc Research Assistant – Work Leader in the discipline of Belgian Art Links & Tools for Artificial Intelligence.
- A degree of Doctor of Computer Science Engineering or Doctor of Computer Science or an equivalent degree.
- The PhD degree is obtained at the earliest 12 years prior to the submission of the job application with derogations.
- Experience in conducting scientific research at top level and writing high-quality publications.
- At least 2 recent publications in top technical journals in the field of this project, and recent presentations at international conferences in the field related to this proposal.
- Lead (or participated) in writing project proposals to acquire funding in one of the above-mentioned domains.
- Experience in supervising doctorates and master theses.
Considered as a plus: the candidate already worked with heritage data (e.g., collection registration and access) or has relevant experience within a cultural heritage institution.
Recommended is: having experience in international mobility, including through participation in research programs at research institutions not affiliated with the university where the highest degree was obtained.
Information and Application Process Instructions
More information in the vacancy announcement.
Apply only through the e-recruitment system (ID 26223) before the application deadline, using the right application form.