Associate Professor in Behavioural Health Technology Interventions
Language: English (UK)
Organisation data: Department of Behavioural and Cognitive Sciences (DBCS)
Job Number: UOL04956
Contract Type: Permanent
Schedule Type: Full Time
Work Hours: 40.0 Hours per Week
Expected Start Date: 01/03/2023
Functions: Associate / Assistant Professor
Job (internal): Associate professor
The University | About us...
The University of Luxembourg
aspires to be a world-class research university. It strives for excellence in both fundamental and applied research, and in education. It drives innovation for society, has a high proportion of graduate students, and intertwines research, teaching and societal impact.
The University of Luxembourg has the profile of a research university with a strong activity in research, a high proportion of doctoral candidates and success in internationally competitive third-party funding, combined with excellent research-driven teaching throughout the University. The University has three missions: research, higher education and contribution to the social, cultural and economic development of the country.
The Faculty of Humanities, Education and Social Sciences (FHSE) brings together expertise from the humanities, linguistics, cognitive sciences, social and educational sciences. People from across 20 disciplines are working within the Faculty. Along with the disciplinary approach a very ambitious interdisciplinary research culture has been developed.
The faculty’s research and teaching focuses on social, economic, political and educational issues with the common goal of contributing to an inclusive, open and resourceful society. The FHSE offers four Bachelor and 15 Master degrees and a doctoral school providing students with the necessary knowledge and high-qualified skills to succeed in their future career.
The holder of this position will be a member of the Department of Behavioural and Cognitive Sciences within the Faculty of Humanities, Education and Social Sciences. She/he will excel in research in several of the following areas:
• Internet- and mobile-based health interventions, with a particular focus on the prevention and early intervention for mental disorders
• Virtual reality methods in Clinical Psychology research
• Ambulatory assessment, including psychophysiological methods
• Health economic evaluations of psychological interventions
• Other areas of neuroscience
The holder of this position will teach Clinical Psychology in the study programmes in Psychology of the Faculty, notably in the Bachelor of Science in Psychology, the Master of Science in Psychology: Psychological Intervention, and the Master in Psychotherapy. In addition, she/he will be expected to contribute to the curriculum in Medicine of the University.
What we expect from you…
• PhD in Psychology;
• At least 6 years of PostDoc experience;
• A licence to practice Clinical Psychology/Psychotherapy is considered an asset;
• High-impact peer-reviewed publications record;
• Experience in teaching at Bachelor and Master level; teaching medical students is considered an asset;
• Ability to work in a multilingual environment;
• A strong commitment to interdisciplinarity in teaching and research;
• Experience in managing external grant income and international collaborations.
The University of Luxembourg is set in a multilingual context. The person hired on this position must be proficient in English and either French or German. The University encourages its staff to learn the other language and provides access to language courses to this end.
• Contract Type: Permanent
• Work Hours: Full Time 40.0 Hours per Week
• Location: Belval
• Internal Title: Associate professor
• Job Reference: UOL04956
How to apply...
Applications should be submitted online and include:
• cover letter
• curriculum vitae including information on external research funding acquired
• copies of diplomas
• list of publications
• copies of recent publications (max. 5) relevant for the field in question
• list of courses taught
• a list of three referees with their name, address and present position. Please indicate their relationship to you.
We encourage early application. To ensure full consideration, candidates should apply by 15.06.2022.
Please apply formally through the HR system. Applications by email will not be considered.
Applications should be addressed to Prof. Dr. Georg Mein, Dean of the Faculty of Humanities, Education and Social Sciences. All applications will be handled in the strictest confidence.
The University of Luxembourg is committed to achieving gender parity among its academic staff and aims to eliminate obstacles to recruitment of female professors and their career development. Should candidates present equivalent CVs, preference will be given to female candidates in all departments where gender parity is not yet achieved.
The University of Luxembourg is an equal opportunities employer.
Here’s what awaits you at the University
• Multilingual and international character. Modern institution with a personal atmosphere. Staff coming from 90 countries. Member of the “University of the Greater Region” (UniGR).
• A modern and dynamic university. High-quality equipment. Close ties to the business world and to the Luxembourg labour market. A unique urban site with excellent infrastructure.
• A partner for society and industry. Cooperation with European institutions, innovative companies, the Financial Centre and with numerous non-academic partners such as ministries, local governments, associations, NGOs …
• Find out more about the University
• Addresses, maps & routes to the various sites of the University
Prof. Dr. Claus Vögele, Telephone : (+352) 46 66 44 9740, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Living and working in Luxembourg
Luxembourg has an extensive welfare system. It comprises a social security, health, and pension funds. Among those benefits, there are various types of financial aids directly linked to the schooling and education of children: family allowance, birth allowance & children's future allowance. Further information: t.ly/aH3P
The country counts with an extensive public education system that comprises as well International and European Schools. Further information: t.ly/1RyJ.
For more general information about living and working in Luxembourg including tips for accommodation, entry conditions/visas you can also view the Euraxess Researcher Guide: t.ly/IgJD.