Job title: Post Doctoral Research Fellow Level 1 (PD1) - BiOrbicP3
The BiOrbic Bioeconomy SFI Research Centre incorporates a Knowledge Platform for a Sustainable Bioeconomy.
Pursuing the aim of developing a Knowledge Hub for the centre, this role involves undertaking action research at the interfaces between the various actors required for innovatively developing Ireland's bioeconomy.
A specific focus will be on the interface between aspects of Ireland's existing bioeconomy social network and the farming community.
The action research process will identify potential entry routes for farmers into bioeconomy activities, which will be piloted in one or more test cases.
The successful candidate will collaborate with the existing BiOrbic research community and with researchers involved collaborating Horizon 2020 projects.
A core task is co-authorship of journal articles that analyse the action research process.
- PhD in social science, e.g. sociology, anthropology
- Relevant research experience not to exceed 3 years’ post-PhD
- Demonstrated research and technical expertise in qualitative and/or ethnographic and action research processes.
- Evidence of research activity (publications, conference presentations, awards) and future scholarly output (working papers, research proposals etc)
- Excellent project management, analytical, report writing and data analysis skills
- An ability to collaborate with team members and PhD students to help build research knowledge and skills and to guide professional development
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written, presentation) with an ability to enable effective knowledge and technology transfer
- Ability to generate new ideas, unique concepts, models and solution
- Experience in action research, co-design and social network analysis
- Experience in setting own research agenda
- Evidence of teamwork and collaboration with relevant partners
A more detailed job description can be accessed on https://www.teagasc.ie/about/opportunities/current-vacancies/.
Applications should be made online through www.teagasc.ie/careers.
The completed application documents must be forwarded so as to reach the Public Appointments Service no later than 12:00 noon on the 10th of December 2021.