The Faculty of Law, Economics and Finance offers three Bachelor programmes, four Master programmes of Management and Economics and six Masters of Laws (LL.M.), as well as several continuing education courses.
It also includes the Doctoral School in Law and the Doctoral School in Economics and Finance.
Around 2,500 students from 90 different nationalities are enrolled at the Faculty. Academic staff from 18 different nationalities teach at the Faculty, supported by practitioners from the field, visiting scholars and guest professors.
Teaching and research benefit from the proximity of the European institutions, Luxembourg’s leading international financial centre and its vibrant business community.
Institutional and private sector partnerships, sponsored Chairs and a growing network of international partner universities make the FDEF a vibrant academic hub at the heart of Europe.
• Research, publish and disseminate knowledge on the highest academic levels.
• Contribute to the projects and activities conducted in the Department of Law by working together with colleagues and research teams of the Department in the chosen field of specialisation.
• Assist and mentor PhD candidates.
• Conduct other teaching activities.
• Outstanding PhD in law displaying the capability to autonomously develop and conduct research at a post-doctoral level at the highest level.
• Aptitude working, research and writing in a multi-lingual environment. English or French and a good understanding of the second language and possibly a third language (particularly German) will be considered an advantage.
• Aptitude to work in the context of a Department that specialises in research from a transnational, European and comparative point of view.
• Proof of knowledge and application of research design and research methods.
• Willingness to develop an internationally recognised body of research and to seek competitive research funding for projects.
• Integration into one of Europe’s most international universities and most diverse law departments.
• Excellent facilities including personal work-space at the University.
• Attractive remuneration package.
• Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract 24 Month - renewable for a maximum of 36 months
• Work Hours: Full Time 40.0 Hours per Week
• Location: Kirchberg
• Number of positions: 3
• Job Reference: UOL03970 / Postdoc in Law (to be mentioned in all correspondence)
Applications can be submitted in French or in English and must include the following.
Deadline for applications: 30 April 2021. But early application is highly encouraged.
ONLINE through the HR portal system.
Applications by email will not be considered.
The University of Luxembourg embraces inclusion and diversity as key values. We are fully committed to removing any discriminatory barrier related to gender, and not only, in recruitment and career progression of our staff.
Here’s what awaits you at the University
• Multilingual and international character. Modern institution with a personal atmosphere. Staff coming from 90 countries. Member of the “University of the Greater Region” (UniGR).
• A modern and dynamic university. High-quality equipment. WiFi on campus. Close ties to the business world and to the Luxembourg labour market. A unique urban site with excellent infrastructure.
• A partner for society and industry. Cooperation with European institutions, innovative companies, the Financial Centre and with numerous non-academic partners such as ministries, local governments, associations, NGOs …