Research Officer – VisioBot (Temporary) – (Ref: 191)
The research officer will work as part of a team based in the Food Chemistry and Technology Department located in Teagasc Food Research Centre, Moorepark, Fermoy, Co. Cork.
Their principal responsibility will be to further advance a robotic test bed for evaluation of the reconstitution behavior of dairy powders.
This will be achieved by firstly producing dairy powders in Teagasc Moorepark pilot plant which will have known reconstitution behavior.
The robotic test bed will be bench marked against standard reconstitution methodologies already developed in Teagasc Moorepark.
Finally, advanced vision systems will be investigated and developed to identify known undesirable reconstitution properties that can arise post reconstitution of these powders.
- To ensure that the specific deliverables of the project are met in a timely manner.
- Preparation of research manuscripts for high impacting peer review journals.
- To mentor and assist students and early-stage researchers in the research group.
- To interpret research findings and prepare scientific and popular press publications.
- To disseminate research findings to a variety of audiences as appropriate.
- At minimum candidates must have an honours Level 8 degree in Electronic/Electrical/Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Robotics or a related discipline.
- Research experience in computer science or robotics would be a distinct advantage.
- A MSc / PhD in electrical engineering / robotics / computer engineering.
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, and view other vacancies in Teagasc, please visit www.teagasc.ie/careers.
The closing date for this position is Friday 25th September, 2020 @12.00noon.
Applications received after this time will not be considered.
Teagasc is an equal opportunities employer.
As part of Teagasc Gender and Diversity strategies, Teagasc welcomes a balanced pool of applicants. Canvassing will disqualify.