Milking Efficiency Technologist - VistaMilk VM 20 (Temporary) - (Ref: 145)
The successful candidate will be involved in:
• Collaborating with researchers, farm staff and industry partners to ensure successful implementation of milking experiments on dairy cows aimed at increasing milking efficiency while improving milk quality and animal health
• Collecting, archiving and summarising data from milking management experiments
• Interacting with industry and academic project partners to ensure successful completion of the project milestones
• Dissemination of knowledge generated to the wider scientific and farming communities
• To coordinate, implement and manage milking efficiency experiments at the Teagasc Moorepark Research Centre.
• Evaluation of the effects of changing milking machine settings on milking efficiency.
• To disseminate research findings to a variety of audiences as appropriate.
• Report and discuss progress updates to the Research Project Management Group.
• To assist Teagasc in meeting the commitments of the Quality Customer Service Charter and Action Plan.
• To actively participate in the annual business planning and Performance Management Development System (PMDS) processes.
• Fully co-operate with the provisions made for ensuring the health, safety and welfare of themselves, fellow staff and non-Teagasc staff and co-operate with management in enabling Teagasc to comply with legal obligations. This includes full compliance with the responsibilities outlined in the Safety Statement.
• Candidates must have a Level 8 degree in Science or Engineering or a related discipline.
• A postgraduate degree and/or research experience in dairy production would be a distinct advantage.
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, and view other vacancies in Teagasc, please visit www.teagasc.ie/careers.
The closing date for this position is Friday 10th July, 2020 @12.00noon.
Applications received after this time will not be considered.
Teagasc is an equal opportunities employer.
As part of Teagasc Gender and Diversity strategies, Teagasc welcomes a balanced pool of applicants.
Canvassing will disqualify.