Job Title: Research Officer - Multi-Breed Genomic Evaluations - GENTORE (Temporary) (Ref: 115)
GenTORE is a Horizon2020 EU project compromising 21 international research bodies with the objective to develop innovative genomic tools to optimise cattle resilience and efficiency.
The successful candidate will be involved in:
• Derivation of new phenotypes for efficiency and resilience in cattle
• Development and implementation of a national multi-breed genetic and genomic evaluations and breeding schemes for cattle
• Interacting with stakeholders and the Irish and EU cattle industry as a whole on how best to adopt the developed technologies
• Dissemination of knowledge generated to the wider (inter)national scientific community
• Be part of a larger genetics and genomics animal science team at Moorepark as well as the wider EU project team
• Candidates must have a QQI Honours Level 8 degree in agricultural science, genetics, statistics, life sciences or a related discipline.
• PhD in a relevant discipline would be an advantage.
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, and view other vacancies in Teagasc, please visit www.teagasc.ie/careers.
The closing date for this position is Monday 06th April 2020 @ 12pm.
Applications received after this time will not be considered.
Teagasc is an equal opportunities employer.
As part of Teagasc Gender and Diversity strategies, Teagasc welcomes a balanced pool of applicants.
Canvassing will disqualify.