Senior Research Officer - Agronomist (Permanent) (Ref: 71)
A significant part of the role will be within the Agricultural Catchments Programme (ACP) to carryout, manage and co-ordinate research within the ACP investigating management approaches to optimizing nutrient use efficiency, reducing greenhouse gas emissions and enhancing soil carbon sequestration whilst optimizing enterprise performance.
• To develop an agronomy research programme with a strong focus on minimal environmental impact and lead the agronomy, soil and greenhouse gas tasks within the Agricultural Catchments Programme (ACP).
• To actively monitor the ACP annual budget and to prioritise expenditure with support from the knowledge transfer lead and water scientist.
• Manage research and technical staff associated with the soil and greenhouse gas tasks of the ACP to deliver the funded program.
• In collaboration with the knowledge transfer lead and water scientist, oversee the implementation of the protocols in each catchment with appropriate QA/QC measures.
• Candidates must have a QQI Level 8 Honours Degree in Agricultural Science or a related discipline with excellent agricultural knowledge and experience.
• A PhD in a relevant discipline.
Note: While a PhD is an essential requirement for this post, equivalent research experience may be deemed acceptable solely at the discretion of the Director of Teagasc
• A postgraduate degree and/or research experience in catchment scale: greenhouse gas emissions, carbon sequestration or nutrient management would be a distinct advantage.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, and view other vacancies in Teagasc, please visit www.teagasc.ie/careers.
The closing date for this position is Wednesday 01st April 2020 @ 12pm.
Applications received after this time will not be considered.
Teagasc is an equal opportunities employer.
As part of Teagasc Gender and Diversity strategies, Teagasc welcomes a balanced pool of applicants.
Canvassing will disqualify.