Strathclyde Global Talent Programme
Job Title: Strathclyde Chancellor’s Fellow in the Hunter Centre for Entrepreneurship (Lecturer/Senior Lecturer) 248029
Location: Glasgow, UK
Salary: £36,261 - £58,089*
Hours: Full-time (flexible working considered)
Contract type: Open ended
Placed on: Monday 2 September 2019
Closes: Sunday 6 October 2019
Salary Range: Lecturer: £36,261 - £50,132
Senior Lecturer: £51,630 - £58,089
Who we are: Be bold. Be innovative. Be a 'Strathclyder'
We are the University of Strathclyde. Our vision is bold and ground breaking, placing us amongst the world's leading international technological universities. We are vibrant, dynamic and passionate about solving the challenges facing society and industry through our cutting-edge, multi-disciplinary research, education and knowledge-exchange with global partners.
We are seeking to appoint extraordinary early career academics who align with our strategic priorities.
For more information visit the Strathclyde Global Talent Programme Website: www.strath.ac.uk/workwithus/strathclydeglobaltalentprogramme or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Strathclyde Business School (SBS) has excellent people with considerable links to business and industry, and synergies between learning innovations and research. Based on the REF 2014 GPA scores, the Times Higher Education ranked us 1st in Scotland and in the top 10 business schools in the UK for its research and 3rd in the UK for impact of our business research.
The University of Strathclyde is delighted to demonstrate its continuing commitment to accelerating entrepreneurship by announcing its search for talented emerging scholars to join the internationally recognised Hunter Centre for Entrepreneurship (HCE), one of the 6 departments comprising the quadruple accredited Strathclyde Business School located in Glasgow, Scotland - including the Small Business Charter. HCE is one of Europe’s leading groups of researchers, educators and practitioners in the areas of entrepreneurship, innovation and strategy. We are particularly keen to receive applications from scholars with research interests and expertise in Disruptive Strategy and/or Digital Strategy.
We would love to hear from you if you have a PhD and postdoctoral research experience; an emerging publication history in high quality academic journals; and research interests which align with this area of strategic priority – particularly if you already hold an external fellowship that can be transferred to us.
In keeping with our commitment to equality and diversity, we encourage applications from all sections of the community, particularly those who can support our Athena SWAN activity, which inspires the advancement and representation of women in higher education.
You’ll be rewarded with:
- Growth of your research portfolio
- Reduced teaching load and limited administrative duties over the initial years of your Fellowship
- Support through our academic career development framework to meet your training needs and enhance your effectiveness – allowing you to be ready for promotion within 5-years of your appointment
- Mentoring, to help you establish a balance of research, teaching, knowledge exchange and citizenship responsibilities while enhancing your leadership qualities to support your long-term career.
* Your Fellowship will normally be at lecturer level (exceptionally, at senior lecturer (Grade 9) (£51,630 - £58,089) where you have a strong track record in research leadership) for 5 years, with the expectation that you’ll meet our promotion criteria within that period and be transferred to senior lecturer (or, where you’ve been appointed as a senior lecturer, Reader) level.
For further details and to apply to be a ‘Strathclyder’ in the Hunter Centre for Entrepreneurship, impress us with your research plan here.
Closing date: Sunday 6 October 2019