Strathclyde Global Talent Programme
Job Title: Strathclyde Chancellor’s Fellow in Physics (Lecturer/Senior Lecturer) 247222
Location: Glasgow, UK
Salary: £36,261 - £58,089*
Hours: Full-time (flexible working considered)
Contract type: Open ended
Placed on: Monday 2 September 2019
Closes: Sunday 6 October 2019
Salary Range: Lecturer: £36,261 - £50,132
Senior Lecturer: £51,630 - £58,089
Who we are: Be bold. Be innovative. Be a 'Strathclyder'
We are the University of Strathclyde. Our vision is bold and ground breaking, placing us amongst the world's leading international technological universities. We are vibrant, dynamic and passionate about solving the challenges facing society and industry through our cutting-edge, multi-disciplinary research, education and knowledge-exchange with global partners.
We are seeking to appoint extraordinary early career academics who align with our strategic priorities.
For more information visit the Strathclyde Global Talent Programme Website: www.strath.ac.uk/workwithus/strathclydeglobaltalentprogramme or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Department has an international reputation for pioneering high quality research and technological advancement in areas including photonics, optics, quantum technology, plasma physics, nanoscience, and research at the interface of physics and the life sciences. We have excellent research and teaching facilities, and strive to provide a stimulating, inclusive and respectful environment in which staff and students are supported to realise their full potential.
In line with the Department’s strategic research directions and plans for expansion, we welcome applications from candidates whose research focuses on any of the following areas:
- Neurophotonics / Optical imaging
- Laser-plasma-based particle and radiation sources / Free electron physics and microwave-plasma interactions
- Quantum optics / Quantum technology
We would love to hear from you if you have a PhD and postdoctoral research experience; an emerging publication history in high quality academic journals; and research interests which align with this area of strategic priority – particularly if you already hold an external fellowship that can be transferred to us.
In keeping with our commitment to equality and diversity, we encourage applications from all sections of the community, particularly those who can support our Athena SWAN activity, which inspires the advancement and representation of women in higher education.
You’ll be rewarded with:
- Growth of your research portfolio
- Reduced teaching load and limited administrative duties over the initial years of your Fellowship
- Support through our academic career development framework to meet your training needs and enhance your effectiveness – allowing you to be ready for promotion within 5-years of your appointment
- Mentoring, to help you establish a balance of research, teaching, knowledge exchange and citizenship responsibilities while enhancing your leadership qualities to support your long-term career.
* Your Fellowship will normally be at lecturer level (exceptionally, at senior lecturer (Grade 9) (£51,630 - £58,089) where you have a strong track record in research leadership) for 5 years, with the expectation that you’ll meet our promotion criteria within that period and be transferred to senior lecturer (or, where you’ve been appointed as a senior lecturer, Reader) level.
For further details and to apply to be a ‘Strathclyder’ in Physics, impress us with your research plan here.
Closing date: Sunday 6 October 2019