Job Description: Contract Technologist - Ref: CT/AY/0919
The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting with field trials to assess the efficacy and potency of vaccines for Fasciola hepatica in ruminants.
In particular, the role will involve the selection and management of the animals on field trials; laboratory evaluation of parasitological parameters to determine vaccine efficacy; and assessment and quantification of the clinical and immune response to vaccination.
The candidate will be a part of the parasitology research team at Teagasc and also liaise with the wider project team.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide expert technical support to the parasitology research programme.
• Assist with the organisation of vaccine field trials including selection and monitoring of animals on field trials both on Teagasc farms and on commercial farms.
• Record measurements (weight, condition score) and collect samples (blood, tissue, faeces) from animals.
• Candidates must have an honours Level 8 degree in Animal Science, Zoology, Microbiology, Natural Science or a related discipline.
• A postgraduate degree and/or research experience in Animal Science or Parasitology would be a distinct advantage.
How to Apply:
An application form for this position can be accessed on the Teagasc Website at www.teagasc.ie/careers
Completed application forms should be TYPED, saved in PDF format and submitted by email to email@example.com no later than 12 noon on Monday 23rd September 2019.
Applications received after this time will not be considered.
Please state relevant reference code in all correspondence.
Teagasc is an equal opportunities employer. As part of Teagasc Gender and Diversity strategies, Teagasc welcomes a balanced pool of applicants. Canvassing will disqualify.