Part-Time Contract Research Support Officer (Ref: CRO/APC/PT/0719) (Externally Funded Non Grant-in-Aid)
This research officer position is a half time role, and the appointed person will work in a support role and will project manage this Teagasc, APC Microbiome Ireland and Industry project.
The successful candidate will contribute to the project coordination, data management, preparation of project budgets and general project management.
The person recruited would need to have good project management and writing skills and be a good communicator with a capacity to organise, manage and prioritise workloads, in addition to being a team player within the project team and the Food Biosciences Department.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Coordinate and project manage the APC HDM Health project.
• Provide day to day support to the project team (at APC Microbiome Ireland, UCC and at Teagasc, Moorepark).
• Monitor project budget and spend, and liaise with finance teams.
• Liaise with the company sponsoring the research.
• Assist Teagasc in meeting the commitments of the Quality Customer Service charter and action plan.
• Actively participate in the annual business planning and Performance Management Development System (PMDS) processes.
• Candidates must have an honours Level 8 degree in a science discipline.
• A degree in the Biological Sciences.
• Project management qualification.
How to Apply
An application form for this position can be accessed on the Teagasc Website at https://www.teagasc.ie/about/opportunities/post-doctoral-opportunities/.
Completed application forms should be TYPED, saved in PDF format and submitted by email to email@example.com no later than 12 noon on Monday 22nd July 2019.
Applications received after this time will not be considered.
Please state relevant reference code in all correspondence.
Teagasc is an equal opportunities employer. As part of Teagasc Gender and Diversity strategies, Teagasc welcomes a balanced pool of applicants. Canvassing will disqualify.