Teagasc Post-Doctoral Research Fellow Level 1 - Food Safety - (Ref: PD1/VTEC/0619)
Basic Function of the post:
The successful candidate will join a research team conducting research on risk factors for verocytotoxigenic E. coli shedding in ovine animals.
Duties & Responsibilities specific to this project:
• Conduct sampling of ovine animals at abattoirs and collation of metadata on samples.
• Conduct real time PCR and microbiological analysis of samples for presence and concentration of VTEC.
• Feed isolates into VTEC national Whole Genome Sequencing platform.
• Conduct metagenomic analysis on samples to ascertain total microbiota composition.
• Collate and report results.
• PhD in microbiology or related discipline.
• Relevant research experience not to exceed 3 years’ post-PhD.
• Experience in molecular biology.
• Experience in setting own research agenda.
Further Information for Candidates:
Candidates can access a Fellowship Programme Application form for this post on the Teagasc website at https://www.teagasc.ie/about/opportunities/post-doctoral-opportunities/.
Teagasc do not accept Curriculum Vitae’s as an application for a position.
In order to apply for a post the relevant application form must be completed in order to be considered.
Completed application forms should be TYPED, saved in PDF format and submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 12 noon on Tuesday 25th June 2019.
Applications received after this time will not be considered.
Teagasc is an equal opportunities employer.
As part of Teagasc Gender and Diversity strategies, Teagasc welcomes a balanced pool of applicants. Canvassing will disqualify.
The details contained above are subject to change without notice.