Full Job Title:
Teagasc Post-Doctoral Research Fellow Level 1 - Smart Dairy Farming (REF: PD1/SMART/MP/0519)
Basic Function of the post:
The successful Post-Doctoral fellow will work on an EU funded project called Smart Agri Hubs, and will contribute to the development of a project (Flagship Innovation Experiment (FIE)) which will develop a methodology that uses smart technologies to quantify sustainability at farm level with a number of industry partners and contractors.
Duties & Responsibilities specific to this project:
• Work with project partners to develop and implement sustainability solutions.
• Develop criteria for farm selection and equipment installation.
• Oversee the data flows and database set up.
• Develop sustainability metrics from the data flows.
• Provide information to the stakeholders involved in this overall study.
• PhD in agriculture or a related discipline.
• Relevant research experience not to exceed 3 years’ post-PhD.
• Experience in sustainability assessment.
• Experience in setting own research agenda.
Further Information for Candidates:
Candidates can access a Fellowship Programme Application form for this post on the Teagasc website at https://www.teagasc.ie/about/opportunities/post-doctoral-opportunities/.
Teagasc do not accept Curriculum Vitae’s as an application for a position.
In order to apply for a post the relevant application form must be completed in order to be considered.
Completed application forms should be TYPED, saved in PDF format and submitted by email to email@example.com no later than 12 noon on Monday 24th June 2019.
Applications received after this time will not be considered.
Teagasc is an equal opportunities employer.
As part of Teagasc Gender and Diversity strategies, Teagasc welcomes a balanced pool of applicants. Canvassing will disqualify.
The details contained above are subject to change without notice.