Basic Function of the post:
To map and identify perceived roadblocks in the governance of drinking water which may produce barriers to the provision of effective policy.
This will involve:
i) identifying and interacting with key stakeholders;
ii) analysing and publishing a study on water governance and policy interaction, aiming to find interventions and steering mechanisms suitable to reach water quality targets, and
iii) conducting a stakeholder workshop to identify a common strategy to overcome the perceived barriers within the catchments of the Irish Action lab of the WATERPROTECT project.
The position will also involve report writing, attendance at project meetings, dissemination and interaction with multi-stakeholder groups in Ireland and across the European consortium.
Duties & Responsibilities specific to this project:
• Collate and validate information on national water governance from multi-stakeholders.
• Contribute to report writing to fulfil deliverables of the Irish Action lab to WATERPROTECT.
• Publish a study based on an analysis of water governance and policy interaction.
• Organise, design, lead and write the summary of a multi-stakeholder workshop.
• Assist WATERPROTECT Action lab Ireland in meeting the commitments of the funders (European Union H2020).
PhD in in environmental science (or equivalent).
Relevant research experience not to exceed 3 years’ post-PhD.
• Previous experience in liaising with multiple stakeholders.
• Previous experience in organising stakeholder meetings.
Further Information for Candidates:
Candidates can access a Fellowship Programme Application form for this post on the Teagasc website at www.teagasc.ie/about/opportunities/post-doctoral-opportunities/.
Teagasc do not accept Curriculum Vitae’s as an application for a position.
In order to apply for a post the relevant application form must be completed in order to be considered.
Completed application forms should be TYPED, saved in PDF format and submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 12 noon on Monday 18th February 2019.
Teagasc is an equal opportunities employer. Canvassing will disqualify. The details contained above are subject to change without notice.