The primary duty will be to support a laboratory based research programme where the candidate will carry out sample preparation and analysis of the marine bioactives followed by the in-vitro bioactivity assays associated with the project.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Record and handle various samples received from the project partners appropriately.
• Perform laboratory analysis of bioactives in different seaweed extracts.
• Perform structure and functional characterisation of the bioactive components in the seaweed extracts.
• Compile experimental data.
• Fully co-operate with the provisions made for ensuring the health, safety and welfare of themselves, fellow staff and non-Teagasc staff and co-operate with management in enabling Teagasc to comply with legal obligations. This includes full compliance with the responsibilities outlined in the Safety Statement.
• Assist Teagasc in meeting the commitments of the Quality Customer Service charter and action plan.
• Actively participate in the annual business planning and Performance Management Development System (PMDS) processes.
• Candidates must have a Level 6 in Natural Product Chemistry or Food Chemistry or a related discipline.
• A Level 7 qualification in Natural Product Chemistry would be a distinct advantage.
How to Apply
An application form for this position can be accessed on the Teagasc Website at www.teagasc.ie/careers
Completed application forms should be TYPED, saved in PDF format and submitted by email to email@example.com no later than 12 noon on Wednesday 8th August 2018. Applications received after this time will not be considered.
Please state relevant reference code in all correspondence.
Teagasc is an equal opportunities employer. Canvassing will disqualify.