The University of Luxembourg is a multilingual, international research University.
The University of Luxembourg is recruiting for the Faculty of Language and Literature, Humanities, Arts and Education (FLSHASE) a
Professor in Social Work and Social Pedagogy (M/F)
• Ref. F3-030061
• Permanent contract
• Full-time (40 hrs/p.w)
• Employee status
The professorship is allocated to the Institute of Research and Innovation in Social Work, Social Pedagogy and Social Welfare (IRISS) within the Integrative Research Unit on Social and Individual Development (INSIDE). The research of IRISS includes youth and family care, social inclusion of persons with disabilities, work integration, informal and non-formal education and learning as well as social work professionalization in general.
The chair is expected to represent the academic discipline of Social Work/Social Pedagogy in research and teaching in full breadth. Research activities should both include basic and applied research, which contributes to the development of social work as a profession and a discipline in an international perspective. A research focus on community based approaches and welfare provision will be an asset for the position.
The successful candidate is expected to:
- Support and further develop the Bachelor in Social and Educational Sciences (BSSE)
- contribute to the development of existing study programmes (BSSE and special track BSSE; BSCE)
- contribute to Master programmes of the Faculty (e.g., “Master Management und Coaching in the Educational and Social Domain”, “Master in Social Sciences and Educational Sciences”) as well as to the “Doctoral School in Humanities and Social Sciences”
Qualifications, experience, aptitude
• An international research profile in Social Work and its scientific disciplines of reference with a focus on innovative organizational/professional approaches/practices of welfare provision in different fields and community based approaches as evidenced by peer-reviewed publications, conference participation, and the collaboration in international research initiatives
• A strong interest in bridging theory and practice by research in partnership with so called practitioners, contributing to innovation in social work for the benefit of the “users”, especially with respect to the national context and the Greater Region (Luxembourg, Belgium, Germany, France)
• A PhD degree in Educational Sciences or Social Sciences with special emphasis on Social Work/Social Pedagogy
• A minimum of five years of post-doctoral experience acquired in an university or comparable research centre
• University-level teaching experience; postgraduate level teaching experience
The University of Luxembourg is set in a multilingual and multicultural context. For this position, an excellent command of at least two of the working languages of the University is required (English, French, German). The mastery of spoken and written French besides English would be very welcomed.
Contact : Prof. Dr. Sascha Neumann
Research Unit INSIDE
Telephone : (+352) 46 66 4446 66 44 5029 - Email: email@example.com
As part of the application process specifically for academic positions, please follow the instructions below.
Candidates are asked to send their full application (in French, German or English) ONLY via the following link: https://ulsurvey.uni.lu/index.php/345635?lang=en
until 20 July 2018 mentioning the job opening reference number and including the following documents:
• cover letter ;
• curriculum vitae ;
• copies of diplomas ;
• list of publications ;
• copies of recent publications (max. 5) relevant for the field in question;
• list of courses taught
• a list of three referees with their name, address and present position. Please indicate their relationship to you.
Prof. Dr. Georg Mein, Dean of the Faculty of Language and Literature, Humanities, Arts and Education
All applications will be handled in the strictest confidence.
The University of Luxembourg is an equal opportunities employer.