ICT Technical Services Manager (Ref: TSM/OK/0518)
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
The main duties and responsibilities of the ICT Technical Services Manager will include:
• Manage and lead the Teagasc ICT Technical Services function, delivered using a combination of outsourced managed services and an in-house team of two technical staff who are based in Ashtown in Dublin, and one telephony administrator based in Carlow.
• Lead and own responsibility for the design and strategic development of Teagasc’s ICT technical architecture, including servers and communications networks, the associated software, back office services, management platforms, standards, and processes.
• Manage the acquisition, delivery and performance of Teagasc’s outsourced technical services and manage the relationships between the ICT Department and its service providers and vendors, in accordance with Teagasc and public sector procurement policies and procedures in order to maximise vendor performance and deliver best value for money to Teagasc.
• Formulate ICT policies, procedures and performance management processes to drive, measure and improve technical services delivery based on ITIL.
• Level 8 Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or other relevant degree
• A minimum of 3 years relevant post qualification work experience.
How to Apply
An application form for this position can be accessed on the Teagasc Website at www.teagasc.ie/careers
Completed Application Forms should be TYPED, saved in PDF format and submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 12 noon on 28th of June 2018. Applications received after this time will not be considered.
Please state relevant reference code in all correspondence. Teagasc is an equal opportunities employer. Canvassing will disqualify.