Teagasc Contract Research Officer – Strategic Market Opportunities (Ref: CRO/MO/MTI/0518)
The successful candidate will join a research team in the ‘Meat Technology Ireland’ centre concerned with identifying, assessing and prioritising new strategic market opportunities for Irish beef and sheepmeat. S/he will contribute to developing a roadmap of new value-adding opportunities that will underpin the future direction of the industry.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• In conjunction with the hiring manager, lead and manage a strategic research study on future strategic market opportunities for the Irish beef and sheepmeat sectors to underpin the development of a roadmap for the industry, and thus support future investment decisions by industry and enterprise development agencies.
• Source relevant information from national and international, published, grey and non-published sources.
• Undertake a Delphi study with key international stakeholders.
• Compile all information gathered within the project in a clear, easily accessible system.
• Organise meetings, workshops, etc. and attend relevant events at national or international level.
• Communicate findings and results via stakeholder interaction, report writing and scientific writing.
• Report and discuss progress updates with the MTI Director and participate, where required, in the Research Project Management Group.
• Assist Teagasc in meeting the commitments of the Quality Customer Service charter and action plan.
• Actively participate in the annual business planning and Performance Management Development System (PMDS) processes.
• Fully co-operate with the provisions made for ensuring the health, safety and welfare of themselves, fellow staff and non-Teagasc staff and co-operate with management in enabling Teagasc to comply with legal obligations. This includes full compliance with the responsibilities outlined in the Safety Statement.
• Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
* This job specification is intended as a guide to the general range of duties and is intended to be neither definitive nor restrictive. It will be reviewed from time to time with the post holder.
• Candidates must have an honours Level 8 degree in Marketing, Strategic Management, Food/agri-business, Innovation Management, Psychology, Food/meat Science or related discipline.
• Ability to set own research agenda.
• A postgraduate degree and/or research experience in Marketing, Strategic Management, Food/agri-business, Innovation Management, Psychology, Food/meat Science would be a distinct advantage.
• Aptitude for multidisciplinary approaches.
Note: The ‘essential’ qualifications, knowledge, skills and behavioural competencies outlined above are ‘must-have’ which will be used in the selection process.
How to Apply
A detailed application form for this position can be accessed on the Teagasc Website at www.teagasc.ie/careers
Completed application forms should be TYPED, saved in PDF format and submitted by email to email@example.com no later than 12 noon on 25th June 2018. Applications received after this time will not be accepted. Please state relevant reference code in all correspondence.
Teagasc is an equal opportunities employer. Canvassing will disqualify.