Agronomy Technician – Crop Protection (Ref: AT/OP/0518) (Externally Funded Non Grant-in-Aid)
To provide technical support to the field research programme in crop agronomy, specifically relating to the sustainable control of plant diseases, pest and weeds primarily of cereals, but also of a wider range of arable crops.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• To assist in the design, establishment and data collection from the extensive crop protection programme undertaken by Teagasc.
• To work with the various teams involved in crop protection within Teagasc to develop and optimise control strategies for arable crop diseases, pests and weeds.
• To assist Teagasc in meeting the commitments of the Quality Customer Service charter and action plan.
• To actively participate in the annual business planning and Performance Management Development System (PMDS) processes.
• Fully co-operate with the provisions made for ensuring the health, safety and welfare of themselves, fellow staff and non-Teagasc staff and co-operate with management in enabling Teagasc to comply with legal obligations. This includes full compliance with the responsibilities outlined in the Safety Statement.
• Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
• Candidates must have a Level 6 in agriculture or a related discipline.
• A Level 7 qualification in crop related subject would be a distinct advantage as would a Professional user of pesticides qualification.
How to Apply
An application form for this position can be accessed on the Teagasc Website at www.teagasc.ie/careers
Completed application forms should be TYPED, saved in PDF format and submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 12 midnight on Thursday 31st May 2018.
Please state relevant reference code in all correspondence.
Teagasc is an equal opportunities employer. Canvassing will disqualify.