Crop Agronomy Technologist (Ref: CAGT/OP/0318)
To provide high level technical support to the field research programme in crop agronomy, specifically relating to the sustainable control of plant diseases, pest and weeds primarily of cereals, but also of a wider range of arable crops.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• To take responsibility for the design, establishment and data collection from the extensive crop protection programme undertaken by Teagasc.
• To work with the various teams involved in crop protection within Teagasc to develop and optimise control strategies for arable crop diseases, pests and weeds.
• To liaise with the various industries involved in crop production in providing the in-field evaluation of pesticides for use under Irish conditions.
• To provide support and guidance to others undertaking cereal field research within Teagasc.
• To assist the various teams involved in crop protection in Teagasc in the preparation and presentation of reports and other dissemination materials.
• To actively participate in the annual business planning and Performance Management Development System (PMDS) process
• Candidates must have a Level 8 Degree in Plant Biology or a related discipline.
• Post graduate qualification in Crop Protection.
• Professional pesticide user licence.
How to Apply
An Application Form for this position can be accessed on the Teagasc Website at www.teagasc.ie/careers
Completed Application Forms should TYPED, saved in PDF format and be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 12 midnight on Wednesday 21st March 2018.
Please state relevant reference code in all correspondence. Teagasc is an equal opportunities employer. Canvassing will disqualify.