Professorship - Ghent University - Faculty of Engineering and Architecture
The faculty of Engineering and Architecture has a vacancy for a professorship, starting from October 1, 2018 (with application deadline on March 27, 2018).
It concerns the following position:
• full-time Assistant Professor Tenure Track in the discipline of Computational Structure Characterization on the Nanoscale (Req ID 10621).
This position, funded by the Special Research Fund of Ghent University, is a tenure track appointment for a period of 5 years with a focus on research and with a teaching load limited to no more than 8 ECTS credits per semester on average over a period of 3 years.
• candidates should hold a PhD or a degree recognized as equivalent;
• candidates are required to have at least two years of postdoctoral experience on the starting date;
• candidates are required to have research experience in the field of study concerned, proved by recent publications in national and international peer reviewed journals and/or books;
• having experience in international mobility, amongst others through participation in research programs at research institutions not linked to the university where the highest degree was obtained, is recommended;
• candidates are required to possess the necessary didactic skills to realize academic competences with university students;
• having positively evaluated experience with provided and/or organized education on an academic level is recommended;
• professionalisation of education is recommended.
Information and Application Process Instructions
More details concerning these vacancies can be found at http://www.ugent.be/en/work/vacancies/professorial-staff/overzicht.htm