We are seeking to recruit a competent, driven and enthusiastic Contract Research Officer to undertake research as part of a team involving Teagasc and UCC. The ultimate aim of the team is to develop a knowledge base to underpin the development of more resilient food supply chains, raise awareness and knowledge amongst stakeholders of such risks, and provide a forum to discuss and debate actions that will be critical to ensuring resilient agrifood supply chains on the island of Ireland (IoI).
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Support UCC in undertaking a literature review in order to conceptualise supply chain risks.
• Develop semi-structured interview guides, in collaboration with UCC, and conduct interviews using these guides with industry, regulatory and academic experts in IoI and other OECD countries to identify key supply chain vulnerabilities and potential responses or vulnerability resolution initiatives (VRI’s).
• Support UCC in developing an online survey targeted at industry to identify their perceived concerns with respect to supply chain vulnerabilities.
• Contribute, as part of the project team, to the development of a framework by which companies and others can evaluate VRIs implemented in other regions for use within their own contexts (this framework will be based on the literature and the research findings).
• Organise, in collaboration with UCC, two stakeholder workshops at which the framework will be applied and used to test the feasibility, potential benefits and the risks of transposing selected VRI’s to Ireland - exploring in particular how these VRI’s might integrate with the agrifood production and supply chains in IoI.
• Candidates must have an honours Level 8 degree in food business, supply chain management, food safety or a related discipline.
• A postgraduate degree and/or research experience in food business, supply chain management, food safety or a related discipline would be a distinct advantage.
How to Apply:
The relevant Application Form and Job Specification can be accessed on our website at www.teagasc.ie/careers.
Completed application forms should be TYPED, saved in PDF format and submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 12 midnight on Monday 19th March 2018.
Please state relevant reference code in all correspondence.
Teagasc is an equal opportunities employer. Canvassing will disqualify.