Contract Technician (Ref: CT/MIMIC/MP/0118) (Externally Funded Non Grant-in-Aid)
This appointee will be involved in the development of live microbe-based product formulations, determination of gut microbiota composition following dietary intervention and functional potential of the microbiota, including enumeration, isolation and characterisation of commensal bacteria.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Undertake research on live microbes in product formulation, gut microbes at lab and pilot-scale.
• Undertake research on microbial cell physiology.
• Develop dried powders with live microbial food grade cultures for feeding trials and product development.
• Engage in appropriate training and professional development opportunities.
• Troubleshoot to optimise existing protocols/develop new protocols and engage with representatives of APC platforms and providers of related reagents and equipment.
• Prepare research manuscripts for high impacting peer review journals.
• Contribute to the supervision of postgraduate research students.
• Assist students and early-stage researchers in the research group.
• Participate in Alimentary Pharmabiotic Centre Education and Outreach activities
• Candidates must have a Level 6 qualification in microbiology, biochemistry or a related discipline.
• A Level 7 qualification in microbiology or biochemistry would be a distinct advantage.
How to Apply:
The relevant Application Form and Job Specification can be accessed on our website at www.teagasc.ie/careers.
Completed application forms should be TYPED, saved in PDF format and submitted by email to email@example.com no later than 12 midnight on Tuesday 23rd January 2018.
Please state relevant reference code in all correspondence.
Teagasc is an equal opportunities employer. Canvassing will disqualify. The details contained above are subject to change without notice.