Chair of Humanities and Social Sciences - IRC15729
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines The Masdar Institute of Science and Technology, Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research and The Petroleum Institute into one world-class, research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering. Khalifa University of Science and Technology endeavors to be a leader among research intensive universities of the 21st century, while catalyzing the growth of Abu Dhabi and the UAE's rapidly developing knowledge economy.
Humanities and Social Sciences Department
The Department of Humanities and Social Sciences is part of the College of Arts and Sciences and runs an interdisciplinary, diverse but closely related set of courses that underpin and provide analytical context to science and technology oriented degree programs across the University. Our courses include Business/Management/Entrepreneurship/Economics, Islamic Studies and Arabic Language, Sociology, History, Philosophy, and Communication, among others. The department also offers a Master's degree in International and Civil Security.
Khalifa University now seeks to appoint a Chair of Humanities and Social Sciences.
The Chair of Humanities and Social Sciences is responsible for the leadership of advancing the teaching, research and service activities of the departmental faculty and for managing the departmental needs, including resources, budget and personnel.
Main responsibilities of the position include:
The Chair reports directly to the Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences and is the primary liaison between department and college. Additionally, the Chair will be an advocate for the department and will ensure that the interests of the department continue to be presented and understood at all levels of the University.
- Faculty recruitment, development and retention
- Curriculum development and review
- Facilities development, maintenance and updating
- Leading the development evaluation of faculty research.
Candidates for the position of Chair of Humanities and Social Sciences must have a full range of qualifications, experience, and abilities to offer the leadership and fulfil the tasks described above, including:
Applicants should submit an online application at http://www.kustar.ac.ae/pages/careers. This position will have a join date of August 2018. All applicants should submit an online application via the portal. A complete application includes curriculum vitae, teaching and research statement, cover letter, photo and the names and contact information of three references.
- Doctoral degree in Business/Management, International and Civil Security, Technology Management, Healthcare Management, Political Economy or a related field in Humanities and Social Sciences from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 12 years teaching and postgraduate research experience (at least 5 of which should be at the level of Professor).
- Minimum of 5 years scholarly activity and research and a record of leadership showing interpersonal skills and organisation ability, strong research background and funding records with recognised professional accomplishments in the relevant field, and a commitment to excellence in teaching at both undergraduate and graduate levels are required.
Please submit your application before the deadline of 15th December 2017.