CONTRACT TECHNICIAN – MICROBIOLOGY (REF: CT/PH/0917)
The Irish Agriculture and Food Development Authority is seeking to fill a short term Food microbiologist position at the Teagasc Food Research Centre, Ashtown. The successful candidate will be involved in the application of novel food processing technologies including high pressure processing, cold plasma and ozone processing on range of food products. The primary role of the candidate is to assist and work closely with Post- Doctoral Fellow and PI to achieve project objectives. The candidate will work in close collaboration with other partners from Norway (Norwegian University of Science and Technology & SINTEF), Poland (National Marine Fisheries Research Institute) and Italy (University of Perugia in meeting the deliverables of the project.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Recording and appropriate handling of various food samples for microbiological aspect of food samples.
• Microbiological analysis of various food samples subjected to a range of processing technologies.
• Compilation of experimental data.
• Other such duties as may be assigned from time to time.
• To assist Teagasc in meeting the commitments of the Quality Customer Service charter and action plan.
• To actively participate in the annual business planning and Performance Management Development System (PMDS) processes.
• Fully co-operate with the provisions made for ensuring the health, safety and welfare of themselves, fellow staff and non-Teagasc staff and co-operate with management in enabling Teagasc to comply with legal obligations. This includes full compliance with the responsibilities outlined in the Safety Statement.
• Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
• Candidates must have a Level 6 qualification in Food technology/Food microbiology or a related discipline.
A Level 7 qualification in Food microbiology would be a distinct advantage.
How to Apply
The relevant Application Form and Job Specification can be accessed on our website at www.teagasc.ie/careers.
Completed application forms should be TYPED and saved in PDF format and submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than midnight Thursday 28th of September 2017.
Please state relevant reference code in all correspondence.
Teagasc is an equal opportunities employer. Canvassing will disqualify. The details contained above are subject to change without notice.