Teagasc Post Doctoral Research Fellow Level 1 - Food processing/seafood processing (Ref: PD1/PH/0917)
Basic Function to the post
The Irish Agriculture and Food Development Authority is seeking to fill a short term Food Technologist position at the Teagasc Food Research Centre, Ashtown. The successful candidate will be involved in the application of novel food processing technologies including high pressure processing, cold plasma and ozone processing on range of fish products. The primary role of the candidate is to develop a comprehensive toolbox of optimized existing and novel technologies for developing healthy, high quality, safe and sustainable fish products from pelagic fish species. The candidate will work in close collaboration with other partners from Norway (Norwegian University of Science and Technology & SINTEF), Poland (National Marine Fisheries Research Institute) and Italy (University of Perugia in meeting the deliverables of the project.
Duties & Responsibilities specific to this project:
• To develop novel processing techniques applicable to seafoods.
• To deliver high quality research outputs leading to peer reviewed publications/patents.
• To carry out laboratory trials in order to determine the effect of novel techniques by optimising intrinsic and extrinsic control parameters.
• To evaluate fish quality, shelf life and safety of fish processed with new technologies.
• To present results/ data generated in written (scientific and technical) and oral formats.
• To take part in further development of the research.
PhD in Food Science/Technology or related discipline.
Relevant research experience not to exceed 3 years’ post-PhD
• Experience in food processing and novel nonthermal technologies.
• Demonstrated research and technical expertise in marine sciences, biochemical analysis and food microbiology.
Further Information for Candidates
Candidates can access a Fellowship Programme Application form for this post on the Teagasc website at https://www.teagasc.ie/about/opportunities/post-doctoral-opportunities/.
Teagasc do not accept Curriculum Vitae’s as an application for a position. In order to apply for a post the relevant application form must be completed in order to be considered.
Completed application forms should be TYPED and saved in PDF format and submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 12 midnight on Thursday 28th of September 2017.
Teagasc is an equal opportunities employer. Canvassing will disqualify. The details contained above are subject to change without notice.