Teagasc Post-Doctoral Research Fellow Level 1/2 - Microbiology - Food Safety (Ref: PD1/2/MTI/ASH/0817)
Basic Function of the post:
The successful candidate will join a research team working within ‘Meat Technology Ireland’ on the microbiological aspects of the application of a range of technologies (lactic acid, hot water, chilling regimes and sporicidal treatments) to enhance food safety and maximise the shelf-life of beef and lamb.
Duties & Responsibilities specific to this project:
• Design statistically based investigative studies as per the project research tasks/sub-tasks.
• Undertake laboratory studies including culture based and molecular biology.
• Perform in-plant (beef and lamb slaughter and processing) studies.
• Undertake statistical analysis of the data generated and convert the findings into knowledge/information that may be applied in the beef/lamb sector.
• Prepare and present the data generated using written (A1 papers, reports, posters, etc.) and oral formats.
• Report and discuss progress updates with the MTC Director and participate where required, on the Research Project Management Group.
• PhD in Microbiology or Food Science and Technology or related discipline.
• Relevant research experience not to exceed 3 years’ post-PhD.
• Experience in undertaking research in-plant in the meat sector.
• Experience in setting own research agenda.
Further Information for Candidates
Candidates can access a Fellowship Programme Application form for this post on the Teagasc website at https://www.teagasc.ie/about/opportunities/post-doctoral-opportunities/.
Teagasc do not accept Curriculum Vitaes as an application for a position. In order to apply for a post the relevant application form must be completed in order to be considered.
Completed application forms should be TYPED, saved in PDF format and submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 12 midnight on Friday 20th October 2017.
Teagasc is an equal opportunities employer. Canvassing will disqualify. The details contained above are subject to change without notice.