The successful candidate will work as an economist within an integrated team of researchers, examining both economic and agri-environmental questions pertaining to the agriculture sector in Ireland and the EU. This will include:
• Short and medium term commodity market analysis;
• The economic modelling of agricultural and agri-environmental policy over a medium term timescale;
• The economic modelling of the impact on Irish and EU agriculture of Brexit and international trade agreements; and
• Economic modelling of the environmental impact of agriculture on the environment.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• To contribute to and further develop the economic research programme in Teagasc.
• To develop and execute a research programme focused on model based quantitative analysis of the impact of policy and market developments including Brexit on Irish agriculture and the impact of these developments in Irish agriculture on the environment.
• To analyse and interpret quantitative data using econometric techniques.
• To interpret and publish results in prominent international scientific journals as well as technical and popular press, and present results at conferences and to stakeholders.
• To attract external funding with the objective of creating critical mass by building and supervising a dynamic team of post-doctoral researchers and post-graduate students.
• To supervise post-graduate students and post-doctoral fellows (where appropriate).
• To interact with stakeholders from agriculture, food industry, Government & other state agencies.
• A QQI Honours Level 8 degree in Economics, Agricultural Economics or other related disciplines.
• PhD in a relevant discipline.
Note: While a PhD is an essential requirement for this post, equivalent research experience may be deemed acceptable solely at the discretion of the Director of Teagasc.
• Post-doctoral experience in economics or agricultural economics research.
How to Apply
The relevant Application Form and Job Specification can be accessed on our website at www.teagasc.ie/careers.
Completed Application Forms should be TYPED, saved in PDF format and submitted by email to email@example.com no later than 12 midnight on Monday 28th August 2017.
Please state relevant reference code in all correspondence.
Teagasc is an equal opportunities employer. Canvassing will disqualify.