Basic Function of the post:
The successful candidate will join a research team conducting research on risk factors for verocytotoxigenic E. coli shedding in ovine animals.
Duties & Responsibilities specific to this project:
• Conduct sampling of ovine animals at abattoirs and collation of metadata on samples.
• Conduct real time PCR and microbiological analysis of samples for presence and concentration of VTEC.
• Feed isolates into VTEC national Whole Genome Sequencing platform.
• Conduct metagenomic analysis on samples to ascertain total microbiota composition.
• Collation and reporting of results.
PhD in microbiology or related.
Relevant research experience not to exceed 3 years’ post-PhD
• Experience in molecular biology.
• Experience in setting own research agenda.
Further Information for Candidates
Candidates can access a Fellowship Programme Application form for this post on the Teagasc website at https://www.teagasc.ie/about/opportunities/post-doctoral-opportunities/
Teagasc do not accept Curriculum Vitae’s as an application for a position. In order to apply for a post the relevant application form must be completed in order to be considered.
Completed application forms should be TYPED and saved in PDF format and submitted by email to email@example.com no later than 12 midnight on Thursday 4th May 2017.
Teagasc is an equal opportunities employer. Canvassing will disqualify. The details contained above are subject to change without notice