The successful candidate will join a research team conducting a National baseline study on verocytotoxigenic E. coli on bovine carcasses and beef meat at slaughter plants.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Conduct a baseline study for eight serotypes of VTEC on beef carcass and trimming from beef slaughter plants using microbiological and real time PCR technology.
• Collation and reporting of results.
• To assist Teagasc in meeting the commitments of the Quality Customer Service charter and action plan.
• To actively participate in the annual business planning and Performance Management Development System (PMDS) processes.
• Fully co-operate with the provisions made for ensuring the health, safety and welfare of themselves, fellow staff and non-Teagasc staff and co-operate with management in enabling Teagasc to comply with legal obligations. This includes full compliance with the responsibilities outlined in the Safety Statement.
• Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
• Candidates must have a Level 6 qualification in microbiology.
• A Level 7 qualification in microbiology would be a distinct advantage.
How to Apply
A detailed job description and application form for this position can be accessed on the Teagasc Website at www.teagasc.ie/careers
Completed application forms should be TYPED and saved in PDF format and submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 12 midnight on Thursday 4th May 2017.
Please state relevant reference code in all correspondence.
Teagasc is an equal opportunities employer. Canvassing will disqualify. The details contained above are subject to change without notice.