To further develop the Teagasc gaseous emissions research programme focusing on the quantification, verification and abatement of agricultural ammonia and greenhouse gas emissions.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• To develop, lead and implement a research programme focused on the quantification and mitigation of nitrous oxide and ammonia emissions from soils
• Evaluation of engineering solutions to reduce gaseous emissions from animal housing and manure storage.
• Design and implement experiments, and carry out data analysis and curation, interpretation of scientific results, and writing of scientific papers, reports and stakeholder communications.
• Active pursuit of external funding opportunities to further resource the research program, by building a team of post doctoral researchers and post graduate students.
• Supervision of post graduate students in collaboration with university and Teagasc partners
• Actively manage resources (people, laboratory and field equipment and resources, data, etc) assigned to the research programme of the appointee.
• Interpret and disseminate research results in the scientific and popular press, at conferences and to stakeholders
• Candidates must have an honours Level 8 degree in physics, chemistry, soil science, agricultural science, environmental science, or a related discipline.
• PhD related to nitrous oxide/ammonia gas emissions in temperate agricultural grassland systems.
Note: While a PhD is an essential requirement for this post, equivalent research experience may be deemed acceptable solely at the discretion of the Director of Teagasc.
• Postdoctoral experience with a focus on nitrous oxide and ammonia emissions in temperate agricultural grassland systems.
How to Apply
A detailed job description and application form for this position can be accessed on the Teagasc Website at www.teagasc.ie/careers
Completed Application Forms should TYPED and saved in PDF format and be submitted by email to email@example.com no later than 12 midnight on 8th May 2017.
Please state relevant reference code in all correspondence. Teagasc is an equal opportunities employer. Canvassing will disqualify.