The appointee will have a key role in implementation and management of the agreed SheepNet project. He/she will be responsible for the support and recording systems, collection and collation of data and transferred to the appropriate ICT platform and website, liaising with producers and wider industry, undertaking surveys, producing reports and other communication materials and transfer of results to stakeholders. Training will be provided in the key aspects of prime lamb production form grass-based systems.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• To work closely with the other staff members of the SheepNet project both within Teagasc, international collaborators and stakeholder groups.
• To implement and manage the agreed SheepNet Programme.
• Liaise closely with the Teagasc Research and KT staff to ensure effective delivery of the SheepNet programme.
• Ensure the smooth and timely transfer of SheepNet results to the relevant partners and stakeholders
• Initiate and implement surveys relevant to stakeholders involved in sheep production.
• Collect, collate and analyze data and prepare reports and other communication materials.
• Communicate effectively with project members and stake holders through many different media including social media.
• Be proficient in the use of IT software and regularly add updates to the website.
• Contribute to the development and delivery of the overall Sheep Programme.
• Organise KT events.
Candidates must have a QQI Level 8 degree in a relevant discipline.
Post-graduate qualification in a relevant area and/or research experience in animal/grassland science.
Post-graduate qualification in ICT.
How to Apply
A detailed job description and application form for this position can be accessed on the Teagasc Website at www.teagasc.ie/careers
Completed application forms should be TYPED and saved in PDF format and submitted by email to email@example.com no later than 12 midnight on Tuesday 25th April 2017.
Please state relevant reference code in all correspondence.
Teagasc is an equal opportunities employer. Canvassing will disqualify. The details contained above are subject to change without notice.