The successful candidate will work with a highly motivated and experienced research group and will specifically examine the effect of nutrition on the onset of puberty and sexual maturation in beef heifers. Duties will include experimental design, biological sample collection, data analysis and scientific manuscript preparation. The post holder will also be expected to assist with the preparation and publication of scientific manuscripts from a large existing dataset.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• To conduct and be responsible for detailed reproductive and nutritional measurements on cattle
• To manage and be responsible for direction of technical staff, protocol review, and collaboration with research staff.
• To conduct statistical analysis of emanating data, interpret research findings and prepare scientific and popular press publications.
• To disseminate research findings to a variety of audiences as appropriate.
• To assist Teagasc in meeting the commitments of the Quality Customer Service charter and action plan.
• To actively participate in the annual business planning and Performance Management Development System (PMDS) processes.
• Fully co-operate with the provisions made for ensuring the health, safety and welfare of themselves, fellow staff and non-Teagasc staff and co-operate with management in enabling Teagasc to comply with legal obligations. This includes full compliance with the responsibilities outlined in the Safety Statement.
• Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
* This job specification is intended as a guide to the general range of duties and is intended to be neither definitive nor restrictive. Job descriptions will be issued with offers of appointment.
• Candidates must have an honours Level 8 degree in animal science or a related discipline.
• Excellent laboratory skills, organization skills, report writing and data analysis.
• Proven record of scientific publication.
• A PhD degree and/or research experience in cattle nutrition and fertility would be a distinct advantage.
How to Apply
A detailed job description and application form for this position can be accessed on the Teagasc Website at www.teagasc.ie/careers
Completed application forms should be TYPED and saved in PDF format and submitted by email to email@example.com no later than 12 midnight on Friday 7th April 2017.
Please state relevant reference code in all correspondence.
Teagasc is an equal opportunities employer. Canvassing will disqualify.