The Post-Doctoral Fellow will undertake sociological research on themes such as identity; social interfaces; knowledge; and learning. S/he will apply sociological theory to undertake desk-studies and field research on demonstration farms, with a particular emphasis on processes of ‘knowledge brokering’ in the context of agricultural extension.
Duties & Responsibilities specific to this project:
• To develop a theoretical framework to inform empirical work
• To undertake high quality desk-studies and field research
• To analyse data and write-up findings for publication in high ranking academic journals
• To represent Teagasc and be part of an inter-disciplinary and multi-professional team (AgriDemo F2F) and liaise directly with stakeholders and policymakers
• To liaise with Teagasc colleagues to ensure delivery of the requirements of the AgriDemoF2F project
• To present findings in a wide range of fora, including academic conferences and farming events.
• PhD in sociology/anthropology or a related discipline
• Relevant research experience not to exceed 3 years’ post-PhD
• Experience in communications methodologies
• Experience in co-design and knowledge-brokering processes
Further Information for Candidates
Candidates can access a Fellowship Programme Application form for this post on the Teagasc website at https://www.teagasc.ie/about/opportunities/post-doctoral-opportunities/
Teagasc do not accept Curriculum Vitae’s as an application for a position. In order to apply for a post the relevant application form must be completed in order to be considered.
Completed application forms should be TYPED and saved in PDF format and submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 12 midnight on Friday 7th of April 2017. You are required to submit two samples of written work/thesis/publications, at least one of which is sole-authored. Each sample document should be saved as a separate document in PDF format and clearly named. Both documents should then be attached to your application email along with your application form.
Teagasc is an equal opportunities employer. Canvassing will disqualify. The details contained above are subject to change without notice.