The HES-SO Geneva invites applications for a position of
A UAS Professor in the area of Management of Information Systems and Security
In the department of Information Systems of the Geneva School of Business Administration
- Teach in BSc, MSc and continuous education courses in management of information systems and
- security policies.
- Supervise BSc and MSc students
- Collaborate in the direction of the Master of Advanced Studies in the management of the security of information systems
- Collaborate in the direction of the regional CISCO academy
- Applied research and industrial collaborations
- Develop, manage and sustain an applied research team through external funding.
- Acquire research funding from national and international funding agencies such as SNSF, CTI or H2020
- Develop projects and partnerships with the industry
- Publish in top ranking journals and conferences.
- Administrative tasks related to teaching and research
The ideal candidate will have:
- A PhD in computer science, computer engineering or a related discipline and/or equivalent industrial and applied research experience.
- At least five years of professional activity in the areas of management and security of information systems, cloud computing, Internet of things.
- Lecturing experience at the University level (BSc and MSc).
- Proven experience in sustained competitive funding acquisition from national and international funding sources.
- Proven experience in leading and managing applied research teams and projects.
- A clear vision and strategy for internationally competitive applied research.
- Excellent research record evidenced by publications in top ranking conferences and journals.
- Demonstrated experience with working with industry and strong commitment to future industrial collaborations.
- Good communication and writing skills in French and English (the main teaching language is French)
The University of Applied Sciences, Western Switzerland, is a relative recent academic and applied research
university established in 1998 with an emphasis on professional training and the transfer of know-how to the industry.
It has branches in the six western cantons of Switzerland and more than 20000 students in 28 schools. The
department of Information Systems is a small but dynamic department with competences in software engineering,
algorithms, digital forensics, data mining and machine learning. It is located in the Battelle campus together with the
Computer Science department of the University of Geneva with which it has significant collaborations.
In the broader area of the Geneva Lake there are a number of leading academic and research institutions, such as EPFL,
University of Geneva, University of Lausanne, IDIAP which offer ample opportunities for collaborations. In addition
Geneva has a thriving private sector oriented to services with small and medium as well as large companies in diverse
sectors such as commodities, finance and banking, mechanics, pharma and chemical industries. Many multi-national
companies have their base in Geneva. Its economic landscape offers ample opportunities for industrial collaborations.
The city of Geneva is consistently ranked in the top-10 of most livable cities of the world. Despite its small size it has
attractions that one only finds in larger cities. It has a strong international character, as a result of the presence of many
international organizations and companies. It has an international airport with direct connecting flights to all continents
as well as a rail service that brings you within three to four hours to large cities such as Paris, Lyon, Milano, Marseille,
Zurich. It is very close to some of the worlds most famous ski resorts and offers ample opportunities for outdoor activities
in the lake, the rivers, the mountains and the forests around it.
Deadline for application : March 31, 2017
Starting Date : September 1, 2017 or to be agreed upon
The University of Applied Sciences Western Switzerland (HES-SO) Geneva is an equal opportunity employer
and offers competitive wages and benefits.
- The contractual terms of the engagement will be those corresponding to the Regulation of the staff of the Geneva School of Business Administration in force on the date of the engagement.
The application file shall consist of a single pdf file with name << Lastname_Firstname_Application.pdf >>. The file should
The complete application file should be sent by e-mail to:
- cover letter that includes a summary of merits and most important achievements,
- curriculum vitae (with contact details, recommended length two pages),
- funding acquisition track record,
- a four page (max) research plan,
- a four page (max) teaching statement,
- references, names, positions, affiliations and e-mail addresses of :
willing to provide recommendation letters,
- three senior academic people and,
- three senior industrial people
- list of publications :
- clearly indicating the three most important publications with links to their pdf files,
- all publications categorized as follows :
- peer reviewed journals,
- peer reviewed conferences,
- the web address of the applicant's Google Scholar Profile and Researcher ID
- copies of diplomas and work certificates
Prof. Jean-Phillipe Trabichet (Head of the department of Information Systems): email@example.com
Information related to the salary and working conditions can be addressed to Mrs F. Maurer (+41 22 388 17 03